Iron On Shirring Tape 44501
SKU # 07507122
Use Dritz Iron-On Shirring Tape 44501 to make soft, even pleats without sewing. Just iron the shirring tape to the fabric and pull the cords.
For home DIY sewing projects like curtains, valances, and skirted storage.
- 1-1/8 inches x 6 yards
Instructions how to use stirring tape on a curtain:
- Cut panels 1-1/2 to 2 times the desired finished width.
- Finish top, side and bottom hems of curtain panel.
- Cut tape about 6” longer than panel width.
- Center tape, adhesive side down, on wrong side of panel, near the top edge. Pin to hold in place. Pull cords out of tape at edge of panel. Cut off excess tape.
- With dry iron on “wool” setting, press tape for 10 to 15 seconds in an area. Continue along tape until completely fused.
- At one end, knot cord ends together. Pull cords for other end to shirr tape. Knot cords when panel is shirred to desired width. TIP: for tighter pleats, lightly steam a section of tape before pulling cords. Be careful not to steam too much or tape will pull off fabric.
- Attach to rod with clip rings or pin-on hooks.