Good's Store was started in 1957 by Harry Good in the garage next to his home which is located along Rte 625 in East Earl. Two years later he built a building just off of Rte 625 (current Goodwill store) where the store was located until 1973. Harry Good was a farmer whose health needed him to consider another way to provide for his family which is why he started selling general merchandise. The business continues to be family owned with 2nd and 3rd generation ownership and a few 4th generation family members working in the stores.
The current location, 1338 Main St (Rte 23), East Earl is where the original store moved to in 1973. The Shady Maple Farm Market and Smorgasbord are also at this location. Good's Store has grown through the years and includes 3 other locations. The second location opened at Peach Bottom in 1985 and in 1988 relocated to the current site in Quarryville. A third location was opened at the Dutchway Plaza, Schaefferstown in 1995. Finally, the 4th location in Ephrata reopened as Good's Store during the summer of 2003 after another retail business was purchased at this site. Good's Store also has a Distribution Center and Corporate Office located in New Holland. Staff moved into this new building during Nov, 2005.