The Nicholson round chainsaw file features an American pattern. It is precision engineered to provide maximum gram removal per stroke and amazing longevity.
- 6 in. x 1/8 in. size
- American pattern round chainsaw file
- Tighten tension on chain to firmly support cutters when filing
- File from inside to outside of cutter
- Place file against beveled cutting surface of teeth 20 degree to 45 degree with saw
- Sharpen all left hand cutters on one side of chain
- Then move to the other side and file all the right hand cutters
- Check depth gauge height every 2 or 3 sharpenings
- Height between cutting teeth and depth gauge is between .020 in. to .030 in.