The Nicholson round chainsaw file features an American pattern. It is precision engineered to provide maximum gram removal per stroke and amazing longevity. Always use with caution when working with chainsaws.
- 8 in. x 7/32 in. size
- American pattern round chainsaw file
- Tighten tension on chain to firmly support cutters when filing
- File from inside to outside of cutter
- Place file against beveled cutting surface of teeth 20 degree to 45 degree with saw
- Sharpen all left hand cutters on one side of chain
- Then move to the other side and file all the right hand cutters
- Check depth gauge height every 2 or 3 sharpenings
- Height between cutting teeth and depth gauge is between .020 in. to .030 in.