Use the Dritz No Sew Hook and Eye Closures for sewing lapped waistbands.
- On underside of overlap, push prongs of hook through fabric to inside of waistband.
- Position large plate inside waistband between prongs with raised surface toward fabric; bend prongs around plate with screwdriver.
- Overlap waistband ends to desired fit and mark for position of eye on outside of underlap.
- On outside of underlap, push eye prongs through fabric to inside of waistband.
- Postion small plate inside waistband, inserting prongs in holes. Raised surface should be towards fabric. Bend prongs around plate with screwdriver.
- 4 closures
- Nickel plated steel
The product did not have enough directions for success. To use this product required modifications. Suggestions: the pieces are not mated or marked to be mated. The eyelet side has a narrow rectangular part and a matching prongs part. The tab side also has 2 pieces. The Eyelet side was easier to install than the tab part. After we installed the product, there were prongs visible on the outside of the waist band. My husband plans to wear a belt, so there is no problem as far as he is concerned. Suggestions include partially prebend the prongs for the tab side so that as the tab is placed, the prongs will grip the fabric and not come through and show on the waist band. My husband is pleased his pants are now usable! 3 stars
This review is NOT about the product, but about the description. How is this a NO-SEW when it says to use for your sewing needs?! I wanted to know how they were fastened if they were not sewn which is why I read it. Did NOT receive the information I wanted!
Great point! I added some instructions to our description, so customers understand how to fasten these closures (you use a screwdriver).