The Lansky Controlled-Angle Sharpening System is a guided knife sharpening system that ensures your knife gets sharpened to the exact bevel you specify every time.This system is designed to give your blade a professional, razor sharp edge regardless of your sharpening ability.
Use this knife sharpening kit to sharpen regular, kitchen, filet, razor, and X-Acto knives.
The four sharpening angles and their uses are listed below:
17° Angle: A severe angle recommended for razor blades, fillet knives or similar tools, producing extremely sharp but delicate edge.
20° Angle: A commonly used angle for higher quality blades and provides an excellent edge for kitchen cutlery and slicing knives like paring knives.
25° Angle: The recommended angle for most knives that need a durable, sharp edge. Ideal for hunting and outdoor knives.
30° Angle: An outstanding angle for heavy-duty knives that cut cardboard, rope or carpets.
The knife clamp included in the system holds the knife steady, and holds the angle guide steady for a sharp, precise finish. The Coarse to Fine hones provide a good range of grits for edge care and maintenance.
- Coarse Red Hone: (120 grit) for edge reconditioning
- Medium Green Hone: (280 grit) for sharpening and less frequent touch-ups
- Fine Blue Hone: (600 grit) for most frequent touch-ups to keep your blade paper-slicing sharp
- Honing Oil that's specially formulated for sharpening
- Easy to use, multi-angle clamp: to hold the blade securely
- Guide Rods: One for every hone
- Extra long knife clamp screws for thicker blades
- Storage/carrying case to hold all system components
- Complete easy-to-follow multi-lingual instructions
Precision Knife Sharpening Set LKC03